Established in 2010 The Bright programme (registered: The B.R.Y.T.E. programme CLG) offers a range of therapeutic interventions to the whole school.
The programme is fully funded by DCC. Our vision is to create a psychological space that can be used by staff and students to be more self-aware, resourceful and to make informed decisions around relationships in a learning environment.
- Student counselling- 23 % of the students have individual counselling each year with Bright.
- Group work – 30% of the students receive class /group support / training Clinical/ educational psychological assessments – up to 20 students per year have tailored assessments.
- Staff support and information –All staff can avail of support and information sessions.
We meet the needs of the whole school by:
- Building self-esteem, communication, relationship and team-work skills.
- Supporting students during vulnerable transition periods within the school system.
- Encouraging students to identify, understand and take control of their learning.
- Help students to make sense of and name their feelings and experiences.
- Assist students to understand the psychological process of adolescence.
- Support staff in reflecting on their work through individual and group sessions.
- Provide psycho-educational components to student and staff services.
- Facilitate family involvement in students’ psychological well-being.
- Provide clinical psychological assessment service for students of the school.
For further information and online resources please visit www.brightprogramme.ie